Bandi and Jason were our very first couple to celebrate at Broken Horn Ranch and we are so thrilled they were! Their special day was extremely special for us. We had worked very hard for many years to finally get to this point and it was such an accomplishment to have reached a goal we worked very hard for. Plus, Bandi & Jason are awesome so what a better way to begin this journey!
Here are a few things Bandi remembered from her big day!!
What was your wedding date?
June 4,2016- Numero Uno at the Ranch!!
What was the weather like the day of your wedding?
Absolutely Beautiful! Sunny and Mid 80’s
How many guests attended your big day?
What was your biggest concern leading up to your big day?
Being that we were the first wedding at the ranch a lot of people asked me “Are you nervous that the venue won’t be ready?” Honestly it never crossed my mind that it wouldn’t be. I knew that The BHR Crew had it under control and I never once doubted them at all. I think my biggest worry was getting the pig to the venue and it still being hot, we roasted a whole hog to feed everyone and the closest place to have that done was almost an hour away. Having the amazing friends that I do, it arrived on time and hot!
We're you a DIY bride?
Very Much so!! Made almost everything that could be made including the programs, that were still being assembled the day before.
What made you decide to celebrate your day at Broken Horn Ranch?
Even though it was still a pasture of dirt and some plans on paper at the time, I don’t think I would have it any other place.
Did you have any panic moments the day of your wedding?
When the Keg wouldn’t work at the beginning of the reception! I didn’t have time to panic too long because the BHR staff came to the rescue before I could even think of a solution and got it fixed!
Any advise you would give to a couple preparing for their big day?
Hire a great photographer and Videographer!!!! The day goes by so fast and you will not remember most of it so if you have amazing photographers and videographers to capture the day you can watch it over and over again.
Take a few minutes with your new husband/wife at some point in the day and just take it in.
Keep in mind that it is your day and the most important thing to remember is the person you are saying those vows to. I remember walking down the aisle and not seeing anyone else but Jason, it was like I had blinders on. That is the one part of the day that sticks out to me most.
What did your guests mention most after the wedding?
My husband crying through our vows, how awesome and perfect everything was and the father/daughter dance.
Matt & Megan renewed their vows on their anniversary this past February. We loved this beautiful couple and the stress-free approach they took on planning their renewal. Some of the things we remembered about the big day was of course "Pistol Pete", their fun friends and family and the easy going atmosphere that filled the ranch!
We asked Megan to share their wedding day experience with us and here was her response!
We are thrilled to announce that we are now offering a few select dates for our 2017 Summer Pop Up Weddings!!!
For more information, check out our POP UP page!
The Ok Bride bridal show is fast approaching and after attending a few of the local bridal shows, I thought I would give you a few tips to help you make the most of your bridal show experience.
1. Dress comfortable and wear comfortable shoes. You will thank me later!!
2. Create a wedding email for you and your fiancé. This will help with the overflow of emails you will receive after the show plus it helps to keep all your wedding info in one place.
3. Print out at least one sheet of labels ahead of time. This will help save you time when it comes to the many drawing you will register for. Include: Your name, fiancés name, email and wedding date or preferred month(s).
4. Bring a bottle of water. Throughout the day, you will sample tons of delicious cakes and yummy food but there typically isn’t sample drinks given out. You will get thirsty and unless you want to spend $5 on a coke, a bottle of water is your way to go!
5. You can normally print off a list of vendors on the producer’s website. Circle the people you really want to visit with so you don’t get so overwhelmed. Make sure to bring an ink pen and make notes on the handouts you receive. This will help you to remember all the vendors that you really liked!
6. Ask about their availability. If you are set on a date and are searching for a venue, photographer, DJ, etc. it’s better to know up front if your date is even available.
7. Be honest with vendors. If you are not needing their service, let them know. This will help free up your time to talk to those you need to talk to plus it will give the vendor more time to talk to prospective clients.
8. Ask the vendors about any special offers they may have. A lot of time vendors will offer a show special and this is where a couple can really save on wedding expenses.
9. Register for the show ahead of time. This will save you money on your ticket as well as time in line and at the door.
10. After the show, you will receive a flood of emails. Be honest with the vendors and let them know if you are interested in their services or not. If you are not interested, this will let them know to stop contacting you.
We are so excited to see all the beautiful couples this weekend. Stop by the Broken Horn Ranch booth, pull up a stool and visit with our girls. We would love to visit with you about the ranch! See ya Sunday!
Where has the time gone? Seems like just yesterday we were nervously awaiting our first wedding. These past few month have flown by and we have had the privilege of experiencing so much love. When we set out to build an event center 3 years ago, I'm not sure we really understood how special it would be for us to be a part of our couples "Big Day". We are looking forward to the future and the opportunity to provide clients with an inviting, comfortable, relaxing atmosphere where all their wedding dreams can come true!
Please join us for our 1st Open House on August 7, 2016. Our barn doors will be open from 11am-3pm and we will have some of the industries top wedding professionals on hand to help with everything from wedding planning to flowers, food, drinks and more!
As the dust starts to settle on a very short 5 months of construction, it's time to finally get around to sharing some of our most recent pictures. Although these are not professional (still waiting on those) it will give you an idea of what we are, what we look like and what we offer.
To get an up close and person view, call or text to schedule a tour!!
It's hard to believe that after 3 long years of planning and a few short months of building, Broken Horn Ranch will open June 4, 2016. We are thrilled to have 9 events on our books for 2016 and feel so blessed that others can see our vision.
The back of our venue where the outdoor ceremonies will be held. It will be complete with beautiful landscaping and the walkway looks out over our pond.
Drywall is complete - Yay!
Framing is complete!
Heat & Air is in!
Electrical is all roughed in and ready for lights & plugs!
Well is drilled!
Woodwork is ordered (Thanks Alan)
There is still alot to do and we update our facebook page daily! Check it out!!!
We are moving forward with construction and things are getting done. The Oklahoma wind has slowed the progress just a little but Broken Horn Ranch should have the entire building on and up this weekend (including the roof) so bring on the rain. We also have almost all of the walls framed so next it's time for our electrician, plumber, and interior designer to get to work!
As every day passes, I realize how truly lucky we are to have this opportunity. We are able to make an impact on our local community while having the chance to be a part of peoples special day. I am overjoyed at the love we have already seen and and the support we have received. We have 8 events on our books to date and love the opportunity to share our ranch with anyone willing to listen.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have to courage to pursue them."
~ Walt Disney